When you embark on a career transition, it can be one of the most challenging things one can undertake with their career. It is vital that one maintains a positive state of mind. The questions below give you something to think about as you go along your career transition journey. You will have many obstacles and successes along the way. It is how you handle the obstacles which is key. Answer these questions honestly to get the most out of this exercise.
Put your score in the block on the right, 1-5 1 being the most positive, 5 not so.
- When something occurs and requires a change in strategy, are you able to regroup and spot any advantages available to you? [ ]
- Do you like meeting new people? [ ]
- Consider the next 12 months as you experience you career change journey, do you feel you will be in you will be in a much better position than you are now? [ ]
- Do you look back on your career successes to date and give yourself praise? [ ]
- If someone informs you that something could have been done more effectively, are you able to make the distinction between constructive criticism and negativity, which can be disregarded? [ ]
- Do you encourage others as they work on obtaining their goals, the same way you’d expect that behavior from others? [ ]
- You have asked someone to help you with your career transition, do you immediately feel let down when they fail to deliver? [ ]
- Are you of the mindset that a positive state of mind, aids your physical health? 
- When you reflect, do you tend to remember your achievements before your challenges? [ ]
If you wish to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to contact me.