If you are reading this blog, you are possibly contemplating a career change, are in the midst of a job change or would like some career coaching. Career coaching can assist in all of the previously mentioned topic areas and more. As with all things, the more you put in the more you will get out. I always remember a quote by Jim Rohn in situations like this, “For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.”
You can find yourself the best coach on the planet who specialises in career coaching, however much they attempt to cajole you, the onus is on the both of you to make the most of the relationship. Coaching is a two way relationship between the coach and coachee.
The coach does not have all of the answers, a good coach and in this context a good career coach will give you the inspiration to find the answers, the questions and much more. Advice on your career, can lead to big changes and fresh challenges to your life.
This is why you should really immerse yourself in the career coaching experience if you chose to get a coach involved in your quest.
I sum up five ways to get the most out of your career coaching.
- Give your all to your career coaching sessions. The old adage springs to mind here, the more you put in, the more you will get out.
- When questions are posed to you by your career coach, be honest with yourself so that a true reflection of the situation is assessed, which will benefit you to get to your desired state.
- Have respect for the relationship you have forged with your career coach, if you are not able to attend the session for any particular reason let them know, it will help the relationship if this adhered too. A key point.
- Throughout the sessions you undertake for career coaching, always believe that you will make this transition a success, do not doubt yourself.
- Do your research on the fields that you are potentially interested in, so that they can form a basis of discussion in your career coaching sessions.
If you go into career coaching to make a change to your career or job, it will benefit you as has been illustrated thus far, the list of benefits could go on.
To discuss these benefits more contact me for further details on how this can help you in the short to long term.
- Reflective Journal of a Career Coach (careercoach-online.com)
- Working With a Career Coach – What Every Job Seeker Must Know (milliondollarbuzz.wordpress.com)
- Visual Thinking Strategies for Career Coaching Presented by the Career Café: Expanding the Possibilities (ctecentral.wordpress.com)
- Career Coach Hallie Crawford Sees Job Hunters Returning to Market as Economy Shows Signs of Improvement (prweb.com)